SEYCHELLES GALATEA “EXPLORER” – 7 NIGHTS CRUISE
Experience the harmonious balance of untouched nature. Scenarios of extraordinary beauty open in all directions for your contemplation and pleasure.
With its tropical climate throughout the year, its lush vegetation, pristine white sandy beaches, and crystal clear blue sea, the Seychelles invite you to experience moments of pure happiness and joy. The Seychelles are considered among the most beautiful islands in the world and frequently referred to as the “jewel of the Indian Ocean” by discerning visitors. Our cruises aboard the schooner Galatea take you on a voyage of discovery to the most charming places of the archipelago, and from the most famous islands to the most secluded. Allow yourself to be amazed by the gorgeous white sandy beach of Anse Source d’Argent on La Digue, with its characteristic smooth granite rocks. Enjoy the timeless atmosphere in the forest of the Valle de Mai on Praslin with its endemic Coco de Mer palms, and discover the underwater wonderworld of rare beauty. Seychelles … a paradise above and below the sea, the result of stringent measures to protect the environment. What more could you desire for an unforgettable vacation aboard a beautiful schooner designed soley for your comfort and pleasure?
Master Cabin: ZAR71000 per person
Double Central Cabins: ZAR25050 per person
Double Bow Cabins: ZAR23600 per person
Double Aft Cabins: ZAR22100 per person
The prices above are estimated as the Rand fluctuates daily so please use them as a guidline and contact us for updated rates at the time of your enquiry.
Boarding aboard Galatea at 1pm, meet the Captain and the crew and after the welcome briefing departure toward the North of Mahé. First dive (check dive) at Coral Garden. Continue sailing toward the bay of Beau Vallon in time for a beautiful sunset on Galatea spacious deck. Dinner and overnight lulled by the calm, clear water of this magnificent bay. Possibility of a Night Dive at Aquarium.
After a morning breakfast overlooking the famous Beau Vallon Beach, first dive at Twin Barges, back on board and sail to Lighthouse dive site for your second dive of the day. A large dramatic granite boulders and massifs with hard coral formations dropping to sand at 28-30 meters. Afeternoon dedicated to relax, snorkel and other beach activities at Anse au Riz in the marine park of Cap Ternay. Afternoon Dive at Cap Ternay, an easy dive with probably the best hard coral formations around Mahé. Dinner and overnight at Marine Park- In addition: possibility of a night dive at Cap Ternay West
Early dive at Cap Ternay East and departure toward the famous dive site of SHARKS BANK, located between Mahé Island and Silhouette Island. Scenery dotted with huge granite blocks on a granite plateau. Arrive to Praslin in the afternoon and time at leisure on Anse Lazio Beach. Dinner and overnight Praslin.
First dive of the day at Bobby Island and rest of the morning dedicated to the visit of « Vallée de Mai », famous UNESCO world heritage Site which has preserved its original state and you will discover the exceptional flora and fauna of this timeless site. After the visit, time for a walk on Cote D’Or Beach before continuing the day with a BBQ on Curieuse Island home of numerous giant tortoises. Take the time for the 20 minutes walk that will lead you to Doctors House on the other side of the island where a spectacular beach waits you for a refreshing swim. Late afternoon dive at Point Rouge. Dinner and overnight in Curieuse Bay.
Day dedicated to Island Hopping , morning sailing towards the southern tip of Marianne island dive site : pinnacle-shaped rocks form the wall and pillars of an underwater maze that attracts grey reef sharks often seen. Afternoon sail toward Grande Soeur and Petite Soeur Islands to reach the dive site “Sister Bank” and “ Coco Island”. Dinner and Overnight at Sister Islands
Morning sailing to the dive site « Ave Maria » located off Praslin. Its huge boulders surround the small island and drop down in dramatic vertical walls and swim-throughs. Rest of the day dedicated to the visit of La Digue Island where time stands still and time-honored traditions such as traveling by ox-cart and bicycle are still king. Traditional architecture and breathtaking beaches, such as the legendary Anse Sourse D’Argent are an absolute must for visitors. Later afternoon dive at Channel Rocks. Dinner and overnight La Digue.
Early morning departure toward Round Island for the firs dive of the day. Back on board and sail towards Mahé Island. During the cross, second dive at Brissaire located between the granitic islands of Mahe and Praslin with its enviable reputation for marine life. Arrival in the afternoon at St Anne Marine park for the your last beach activities before reaching Angel Fish Jetty late in the afternoon. Dinner and overnight at Quai at Angel Fish Marina.
Early morning disembarkation.
During the cruise, you can perform additional dives including night dives which are payable on site. Extra dives can be provided according to the weather conditions and in accordance with the supervisory staff of “Diving Cruises”.
Diving Cruises reserves the right to change the itinerary during a trip for any reason it deems necessary (i.e. due to sea and weather conditions, or in the event that the captain feels the safety of the ship and/or guests are in jeopardy).
- Double or Single Cabin accommodation on board Galatea
- Private bathroom with shower ( hot/cold water)
- Individually controlled air- conditioning
- 7 nights (from Saturday @ 13h00 till Saturday @08h00):
- Full board including drinking water, tea and coffee,
- Diving equipment ( 12 Lt aluminum tanks with air, weights and belts)
- A Dive guide.
- Entrance fees to nature reserves ( as per program), Port Taxes and local Taxes
- Activities: 10 Complimentary Dives (for certified divers only) , Snorkeling, Fishing, Kayaking.
SERVICES ON REQUEST / EXTRAS:
- All transfers Airport/ Hotel to and from the boat – 25 euro per person/each way,
- Accommodation before and after boarding,
- Soft drinks, beer, alcoholic beverages and espresso coffee,
- The extra dives at the cost of 30 euro per dive,
- The night dives supplement- 10 euro per dive,
- The equipment rental (To be requested at least 10 days before boat departure) – 10 euro per dive,
- Land excursions on Praslin and La Digue
SERVICES NOT INCLUDED:
- International flights to and from Mahé. ( We do have special fares on Air Syechelles and Air Austral so we will book your flights)
- Scuba diving, travel and cancellation insurances.
- Gratuities for the crew – 5 % at clients discretion
- Personal expenses and all services not mentioned in ” Services Included “.
Conditions for participating Divers
- Minimum AOWD, or equivalent, with more than 50 dives,
- OWD, or equivalent, with more than 50 dives ( the limitations of the certification may preclude a few dive sites).
A personal dive guide can be requested, availability to be confirmed 15 days before departure.
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED:
- A diving certification card with your level,
- A logbook,
- A current medical certificate allowing the practice of diving, issued within the previous 12 months.
- A certificate of diving insurance (such as Dan, Aqua Med etc.) in course of validity.
- A dive computer,
- A decompression buoy,
- Surface emergency visual or audible signaling device.
At any time, a fabulous palette of colors is offered to your eyes. Turquoise, emerald green or deep blue waters are home to a great diversity of fauna and flora.
Recent and of high quality, we are fully equipped with Beuchat material.
Galatea, a spacious schooner with seven air-conditioned cabins, can accommodate up to 12 passengers.
Commercial Yacht (flag Seychelles, Port Victoria).
Year built: 1987 Bobrum – Turkey.
Fully renovated: in 2012 / 2013 Bodrum – Turkey.- Shipyard: NetaMarine.
Rigging: Complete, with 2 mast (4 sails).
Overall length: 30 meters with diving platform.
Width: 6,20 meters.
Cruising speed: 7 knots.
Maximum speed: 10 knots.
Water tank capacity: 14000 liters.
Fuel tank capacity: 9000 liters.
Engine: Caterpillar 335 HP.
Electricity: 12V AC / 24V DC / 220V AC (continuously on board).
1 Water maker: 250 L/hour.
2 Generator: 15 kva and 40 kva.
1 Compressor: COLTRI – 16 m3.
For pricing and more information please contact us.